If exercise for fitness has never been a priority in your life, it’s time to find an activity that is fun and also offers benefits to your health. Your age doesn’t matter when it comes to swimming. If you don’t know how to swim, there are options available to help you get started and there are places to swim all around you that you’ve never considered. Look here for ideas on how to learn and where to swim. Swimming: Where Fitness Meets Fun
Anxiety Significantly Reduced With Manipulation of a Single Brain Molecule
August 15, 2019
Brain Implant Device Controlled by Smartphone App
August 13, 2019
New Hereditary Mutation Identified to Increase Pancreatic Cancer Risk
August 13, 2019
Swimming: Where Fitness Meets Fun
June 10, 2019
Chest Fires Reported During Surgery in Patients with Lung Damage
June 3, 2019
addiction Anxiety behavior blood brain brain disease cancer CDC Childbirth Depression DNA exercise FDA fitness Food and Drug Administration Gene Gene Mutation hallucinations Health leukemia Medical medication Mental Newborn News pain Placenta Polycythemia Vera prescription Psychology rare disease red blood cells research schizophrenia school Science sleep Smartphone society Stress Studies Technology therapies therapy virus
Let’s Get Social
- People at Risk: Those with Weakened Immune Systems January 23, 2020Source: Department of Health and Human ServicesRelated MedlinePlus Pages: Foodborne Illness, Immune System and Disorders
- Genetics Home Reference: familial hypercholesterolemia January 22, 2020Source: National Library of Medicine - Related MedlinePlus Pages: Cholesterol, Lipid Metabolism Disorders
- 2019 Novel Coronavirus, Wuhan, China January 21, 2020Source: Centers for Disease Control and PreventionRelated MedlinePlus Pages: Coronavirus Infections
- Medical News Today: Could a probiotic prevent or reverse Parkinson's? January 23, 2020
- Medical News Today: Catnip: What do we know about the feline drug? January 22, 2020
- Medical News Today: Giving TB vaccine intravenously boosts efficacy January 21, 2020
- Medical News Today: Heart health: Are women getting incorrect treatment? January 20, 2020
- Medical News Today: Online information about probiotics often misleading January 20, 2020
A Contributor To:
- Even Female Bosses Face Sexual Harrassment: Study January 24, 2020Researchers examined workplace sexual harassment in the United States, Japan and Sweden. They found that female supervisors experienced between 30% and 100% more sexual harassment than other women employees.
- CDC Confirms Second U.S. Coronavirus Case January 24, 2020The patient is a woman in her 60s. She had symptoms a few days after returning to the U.S. from a trip to Wuhan, China, on Jan. 13. She was not sick while traveling.
- Washington Monitors Coronavirus Patient’s Contacts January 24, 2020The CDC confirmed the Washington state resident's diagnosis Tuesday. By Wednesday, state public health officials had identified 16 close contacts. By late Thursday, the total was 43, said Kathy Lofy, MD, the state health officer for the Washington State Department of Health.
- Faulty Immune System May Lead to Lung Cancer January 24, 2020An immune system that's not functioning normally may lead to lung cancer in patients who don't smoke, a new study suggests.
- Many Critical Workers in U.S. Short on Sleep January 24, 2020Their analysis of data from more than 150,000 employed adults between 2010 and 2018 also found that the rate of inadequate sleep (7 hours or less) rose from about 31% to nearly 36% during that time.