A growing trend among new mothers can be potentially dangerous according to the Centers for Disease Control (CDC). Whether raw, cooked or in pill form, some new moms believe that major health benefits can be gained through consuming their placenta after childbirth. Proponents say that it increases milk production, energy and helps to prevent postpartum depression. Some celebrities have even joined in the practice adding to its popularity.Continue reading
Anxiety Significantly Reduced With Manipulation of a Single Brain Molecule
August 15, 2019
Brain Implant Device Controlled by Smartphone App
August 13, 2019
New Hereditary Mutation Identified to Increase Pancreatic Cancer Risk
August 13, 2019
Swimming: Where Fitness Meets Fun
June 10, 2019
Chest Fires Reported During Surgery in Patients with Lung Damage
June 3, 2019
addiction Anxiety behavior blood brain brain disease cancer CDC Childbirth Depression DNA exercise FDA fitness Food and Drug Administration Gene Gene Mutation hallucinations Health leukemia Medical medication Mental Newborn News pain Placenta Polycythemia Vera prescription Psychology rare disease red blood cells research schizophrenia school Science sleep Smartphone society Stress Studies Technology therapies therapy virus
Let’s Get Social
- Genetics Home Reference: familial hypercholesterolemia January 22, 2020Source: National Library of Medicine - Related MedlinePlus Pages: Cholesterol, Lipid Metabolism Disorders
- 2019 Novel Coronavirus, Wuhan, China January 21, 2020Source: Centers for Disease Control and PreventionRelated MedlinePlus Pages: Coronavirus Infections
- Antibiotic Resistance: 5 Things to Know January 17, 2020Source: Centers for Disease Control and PreventionRelated MedlinePlus Pages: Antibiotic Resistance
- Medical News Today: Giving TB vaccine intravenously boosts efficacy January 21, 2020
- Medical News Today: Heart health: Are women getting incorrect treatment? January 20, 2020
- Medical News Today: Online information about probiotics often misleading January 20, 2020
- Medical News Today: Older adults who drink tea are less likely to be depressed January 19, 2020
- Medical News Today: Common foods alter gut bacteria by influencing viruses January 18, 2020
A Contributor To:
- First U.S. Case of China Coronavirus Diagnosed January 21, 2020The male patient in Washington state was hospitalized with pneumonia last week and had recently traveled to Wuhan, a city of 11 million people in China where the outbreak is thought to have begun.
- Brain Waves Explain Sleep Woes in Kids with Autism? January 21, 2020The study found that the brain waves of children with autism are, on average, 25% weaker (shallower) than those of children without autism.
- Taylor Swift's Mother Has Brain Tumor January 21, 2020While Taylor Swift's mother was undergoing treatment for breast cancer, doctors discovered that she also had a brain tumor
- Could a Kid's Microbiome Alter Their Behavior? January 21, 2020The study also noted that parents may play a key role in development of the particular bacteria in their child's gut (collectively known as the microbiome).
- Why Are Fewer U.S. Kids Going to Pediatricians? January 21, 2020Parents did seek alternatives to the standard pediatrician sick visit, including treatment at urgent care and retail clinics as well as telemedicine consults. These visits accounted for about half of the decrease in pediatric sick visits, the study found.