Polycythemia vera (PV) is a myeloproliferative neoplasm and is characterized by the presence of an unusually high number of red blood cells in the body. A higher concentration of white blood cells and platelets may also be a factor in people with this condition. In PV patients, the blood is thicker than normal, causing slow blood flow and poor oxygenation. The primary complication of PV is the increased risk for thrombotic events (blood clots).Continue reading
Anxiety Significantly Reduced With Manipulation of a Single Brain Molecule
August 15, 2019
Brain Implant Device Controlled by Smartphone App
August 13, 2019
New Hereditary Mutation Identified to Increase Pancreatic Cancer Risk
August 13, 2019
Swimming: Where Fitness Meets Fun
June 10, 2019
Chest Fires Reported During Surgery in Patients with Lung Damage
June 3, 2019
addiction Anxiety behavior blood brain brain disease cancer CDC Childbirth Depression DNA exercise FDA fitness Food and Drug Administration Gene Gene Mutation hallucinations Health leukemia Medical medication Mental Newborn News pain Placenta Polycythemia Vera prescription Psychology rare disease red blood cells research schizophrenia school Science sleep Smartphone society Stress Studies Technology therapies therapy virus
Let’s Get Social
- Glomerular Filtration Rate (GFR) Test August 23, 2019Source: National Library of Medicine - Related MedlinePlus Pages: Kidney Tests
- Bacterial Vaginosis Test August 23, 2019Source: National Library of Medicine - Related MedlinePlus Pages: Vaginitis
- Trichomoniasis Test August 23, 2019Source: National Library of Medicine - Related MedlinePlus Pages: Trichomoniasis
- Medical News Today: Omega-3 fatty acid medications can boost cardiovascular health August 24, 2019
- Medical News Today: Controversial study links pollution with bipolar, depression August 24, 2019
- Medical News Today: What happens if you do pushups every day? August 23, 2019
- Medical News Today: Hydrogen peroxide for teeth whitening: What to know August 23, 2019
- Medical News Today: What to know about glimepiride August 23, 2019
A Contributor To:
- First Death Tied to Lung Injury From Vaping Reported in Illinois August 24, 2019An Illinois resident who was hospitalized after suffering severe respiratory illness related to vaping has died, state health officials reported Friday.
- First Death Reported as Cases Linked to Vaping Rise August 23, 2019The CDC reports the first death from severe lung injuries related to vaping. The adult from Illinois is among 193 potential cases in 22 states of people hospitalized for lung injuries in recent weeks.
- Justice Ruth Bader Ginsburg Treated for Pancreatic Cancer August 23, 2019Justice Ruth Bader Ginsburg has just finished treatment for pancreatic cancer, the U.S. Supreme Court announced Friday.
- Your Dog May Be Leading You to a Healthier Heart August 23, 2019Researchers found that compared with people who had no pets, dog owners tended to have fewer risk factors for heart disease: They got more exercise, and had healthier diets and lower blood sugar levels.
- A Kid-Friendly Emergency Room Saves Lives August 23, 2019The risk of death was three times lower for those treated at ERs with greater levels of pediatric readiness.