Scientists are digging deeper into the causes and complications of dementia, Alzheimer’s and other diseases involving impaired brain function. Although prions are healthy proteins found inside the brain, they sometimes develop into pathogens that cause a variety of infections and abnormalities.Continue reading
Anxiety Significantly Reduced With Manipulation of a Single Brain Molecule
August 15, 2019
Brain Implant Device Controlled by Smartphone App
August 13, 2019
New Hereditary Mutation Identified to Increase Pancreatic Cancer Risk
August 13, 2019
Swimming: Where Fitness Meets Fun
June 10, 2019
Chest Fires Reported During Surgery in Patients with Lung Damage
June 3, 2019
addiction Anxiety behavior blood brain brain disease cancer CDC Childbirth Depression DNA exercise FDA fitness Food and Drug Administration Gene Gene Mutation hallucinations Health leukemia Medical medication Mental Newborn News pain Placenta Polycythemia Vera prescription Psychology rare disease red blood cells research schizophrenia school Science sleep Smartphone society Stress Studies Technology therapies therapy virus
Let’s Get Social
- Epigastric Hernias November 18, 2019Source: Nemours FoundationRelated MedlinePlus Pages: Hernia
- Umbilical Hernias November 18, 2019Source: Nemours FoundationRelated MedlinePlus Pages: Hernia
- Feeding Your Child With a Cleft November 18, 2019Source: Nemours FoundationRelated MedlinePlus Pages: Cleft Lip and Palate
- Medical News Today: What to know about ferritin and hair growth November 18, 2019
- Medical News Today: Why you should wash fruits and vegetables November 18, 2019
- Medical News Today: What to know about nut allergies November 18, 2019
- Medical News Today: What can cause a headache and a nosebleed? November 18, 2019
- Medical News Today: The rise of superbugs: Facing the antibiotic resistance crisis November 18, 2019
A Contributor To:
- Trump Backs Off Flavored E-Cigarette Ban November 18, 2019President Donald Trump, who pledged in September to ban the sale of most flavored e-cigarettes, says that he wants to study the issue before taking any action.
- Studies Confirm HPV Shot Is Safe November 18, 2019New studies included millions of doses of Gardasil 9 vaccine, the only vaccine currently used in the United States for the prevention of HPV-related cancers.
- Recall: Frozen Cat Food for Salmonella Concerns November 18, 2019GoRaw LLC, doing business as Steve’s Real Food, has recalled its 2-pound bags of frozen Quest Beef Cat Food.
- Diabetes Tougher on Women's Hearts November 18, 2019Heart disease occurs an average of 15 years earlier in people with diabetes, and is their main cause of illness and death. In women, the connection between diabetes and heart disease is particularly strong.
- Study Casts Doubt on Angioplasty, Bypass for Many Heart Patients November 18, 2019However, the results of a large and long-awaited clinical trial suggests that, in most cases, these procedures may not have provided any benefit over medications and lifestyle changes.