The official definition of trauma has changed so much that it’s hard to keep up. So what does it really mean? Should health professionals define it in terms of events or reactions? The answer is important considering that funding, legal compensation and treatments rely on it.Continue reading
Anxiety Significantly Reduced With Manipulation of a Single Brain Molecule
August 15, 2019
Brain Implant Device Controlled by Smartphone App
August 13, 2019
New Hereditary Mutation Identified to Increase Pancreatic Cancer Risk
August 13, 2019
Swimming: Where Fitness Meets Fun
June 10, 2019
Chest Fires Reported During Surgery in Patients with Lung Damage
June 3, 2019
addiction Anxiety behavior blood brain brain disease cancer CDC Childbirth Depression DNA exercise FDA fitness Food and Drug Administration Gene Gene Mutation hallucinations Health leukemia Medical medication Mental Newborn News pain Placenta Polycythemia Vera prescription Psychology rare disease red blood cells research schizophrenia school Science sleep Smartphone society Stress Studies Technology therapies therapy virus
Let’s Get Social
- Finding Her Voice: A Teacher's Heartburn Experience February 19, 2020Related MedlinePlus Pages: Heartburn
- Why Jordin Sparks Wants More People to Talk About Sickle Cell Disease February 19, 2020Related MedlinePlus Pages: Sickle Cell Disease
- Vitiligo: What You Need to Know February 19, 2020Related MedlinePlus Pages: Vitiligo
- Medical News Today: Cancer: Using copper to boost immunotherapy January 25, 2020
- Medical News Today: Could a probiotic prevent or reverse Parkinson's? January 23, 2020
- Medical News Today: Catnip: What do we know about the feline drug? January 22, 2020
- Medical News Today: Giving TB vaccine intravenously boosts efficacy January 21, 2020
- Medical News Today: Heart health: Are women getting incorrect treatment? January 20, 2020
A Contributor To:
- 'Stinging Water': Jellyfish Release Toxic Mucus February 19, 2020In this new study, researchers concluded that stinging water is caused by toxin-filled mucus that the jellyfish release into the water. The mucus contains gyrating balls of stinging cells called cassiosomes.
- Common Plastics Chemicals Linked to Autism Traits in Young Boys February 19, 2020The study didn't identify a heightened risk for autism per se among boys, but rather a "small" increase in the chance for developing certain autism-related traits by age 3 or 4.
- Healthy 'Mediterranean Diet' Is Good for Your Microbiome February 19, 2020The new study finds that older adults who eat a Mediterranean diet tend to have more types of gut bacteria linked with healthy aging.
- Many Teens Suffer 'Digital Dating Abuse' February 19, 2020Many U.S. teenagers may be using their smartphones to harass, humiliate or otherwise abuse their dating partners.
- Doctors Look to Existing Drugs in Coronavirus Fight February 18, 2020More than two dozen studies are under way or planned to test everything from traditional Chinese medicine to vitamin C, stem cells, steroids, and to medications developed to fight other viruses, like the flu and HIV.