A new class of cancer therapies will allow doctors to administer immunotherapy drugs to spur a patient’s own immune system but it doesn’t work with all patients. New research may show the reason that cancers are able to elude these therapies in some patients.Continue reading
Anxiety Significantly Reduced With Manipulation of a Single Brain Molecule
August 15, 2019
Brain Implant Device Controlled by Smartphone App
August 13, 2019
New Hereditary Mutation Identified to Increase Pancreatic Cancer Risk
August 13, 2019
Swimming: Where Fitness Meets Fun
June 10, 2019
Chest Fires Reported During Surgery in Patients with Lung Damage
June 3, 2019
addiction Anxiety behavior blood brain brain disease cancer CDC Childbirth Depression DNA exercise FDA fitness Food and Drug Administration Gene Gene Mutation hallucinations Health leukemia Medical medication Mental Newborn News pain Placenta Polycythemia Vera prescription Psychology rare disease red blood cells research schizophrenia school Science sleep Smartphone society Stress Studies Technology therapies therapy virus
Let’s Get Social
- Chylothorax February 14, 2020Source: Nemours FoundationRelated MedlinePlus Pages: Pleural Disorders
- Peritoneal Dialysis (For Parents) February 14, 2020Source: Nemours FoundationRelated MedlinePlus Pages: Dialysis
- Hemodialysis (For Parents) February 14, 2020Source: Nemours FoundationRelated MedlinePlus Pages: Dialysis
- Medical News Today: Cancer: Using copper to boost immunotherapy January 25, 2020
- Medical News Today: Could a probiotic prevent or reverse Parkinson's? January 23, 2020
- Medical News Today: Catnip: What do we know about the feline drug? January 22, 2020
- Medical News Today: Giving TB vaccine intravenously boosts efficacy January 21, 2020
- Medical News Today: Heart health: Are women getting incorrect treatment? January 20, 2020
A Contributor To:
- Cholesterol Drugs Might Help Curb Prostate Cancers February 14, 2020The study couldn't prove cause and effect, but it found that statins, taken alone or with metformin, did seem associated with an increase in survival.
- Rethinking Milk: Science Takes On the Dairy Dilemma February 14, 2020Dairy products are rich in calcium and protein, and they have long been promoted as important for helping kids grow and helping kids and adults build and maintain strong bones. Now a new study questions whether diary deserves its health halo.
- Will Brushing, Flossing Protect Against Stroke? February 14, 2020Gum disease may be linked to higher rates of stroke caused by hardened and severely blocked arteries, preliminary research findings indicate.
- More Sex Partners, Higher Cancer Risk? February 14, 2020During the 2012-2013 phase of the ongoing study, more than 5,700 participants were asked how many sexual partners they'd had during their lives. Researchers compared their answers to self-reported diagnoses of cancer.
- Diet Drug Belviq Withdrawn Due to Cancer Risk February 14, 2020The FDA asked the maker of weight-loss drug Belviq (lorcaserin) to take it off the market after a clinical trial showed an association with an increased risk of cancer.